Objectives and their importance on League of Legends
League of Legends is a very amusing game with many aspects to it. One of the aspects are the “Objectives” which are not only helpful, but can also win games since capturing them brings you in a better position than the enemies. Let’s take it from the start then.
• Tier 8: The neutral monsters. These are the Wraiths, the Wolves and the Gollems, situated in Summoner Rift’s jungle and when killed they give gold and XP.
Tips: Respawn time of neutral monsters is :
Wraiths = 50 seconds
Wolves = 60 seconds
Gollems = 60 seconds
• Tier 7: The Buffs. There are two monsters that provide buffs; the Ancient Gollem which gives the player who killed it the Blue Buff and the Lizard Elder which gives the Red Buff. The bonuses of each buff are of great importance : the Blue Buff provides mana regeneration as well as cooldown reduction on your spells and the Red Buff deals extra damage over time while slowing your target after each auto attack. This is why they musn’t be ignores or even given to the enemies without a fight.
Tips: It doesn’t matter who deals the most damage to the monsters since the player who gets it is the one who last hits it. Their respawn timer starts immediately when you kill them, which is 5 minutes for each. (Care! The respawn timer won’t start unless you also kill the two smaller monsters accompanying them)
• Tier 6: Kills. Killing an opponent can be beneficial, but sometimes it’s better to pursue another objective instead. This is why you and your team should decide upon the importance of your objectives and set goals. For instance; killing the enemy support is less important than killing an enemy carrying an Oracle’s Elixir and taking a buff is less important than destroying a tower.
Tips: It’s more important to kill an enemy on a killing spree thus terminating it, than one with a 0/5 K/D ratio. If for example you kill an enemy with 0/4 , you will only get 170 gold, while if you kill one with 4/0 you get 399 gold.
• Tier 5: The Dragon. This creature is locate alongside the river near the bottom lane. Killing him will instantly give the whole team 190 gold and the player who last hit him extra 25g. Being able to kill the dragon, especially more than once, brings you closer to victory, not just for the gold earned for your team and not the enemies, but also because you will have the advantage of knowing exactly when he will respawn and go after him once again.
Tips: Dragon’s respawn time is set to 6 minutes.
• Tier 4: Towers. Destroying an enemy tower doesn’t only earn the whole team with 150 gold but also brings you one step closer to the enemy Nexus. So it’s crucial to destroy as many towers possible with the advantage of the gold on the side. Also, if your team manages to destroy towers (and especially the outer ones) you gain access to the enemy jungle and can get their buffs more easily and safely.
• Tier 3: Baron Nashor. This is the most powerful monster on Summoner’s Rift in League of Legends. It is described in-game as follows: “This is a very powerful hostile monster, approach with caution! Killing this monster will yield great monetary and magical rewards to the team, but it should not be confronted alone”. Killing the Baron gives the “Exalted with Baron Nashor” buff to all living champions on the team. This buff gives massively increased attack damage and ability power as well as a bonus to health and mana regeneration. When Nashor is killed, each player on the team is also granted 900 XP and 300 Gold (plus 25 to the player who last hit him). These are the reasons why each team tries to kill him when they get the chance, or deny him to the opponents. It’s not easy to kill the Baron since he deals a lot of damage himself and most of the times the entire team is needed to assassinate him or protect him from the enemies.
Tips: Baron Nashor’s respawn time is set to 7 minutes after he dies.
• Tier 2: Inhibitors. Destroying an inhibitor means that on that lane, super minions will spawn resulting in pushing it harder thus giving time to your team to focus on other Objectives more freely. As a result, it can often be worth more than a few champion kills because of the immense lane pressure that Super Minions will provide, as well as all minions in other lanes.
• Tier 1: The Nexus. Destroying the Nexus is the whole point of playing the game, since it means victory. This is what makes it worth more than anything else on the map and the team turns its attention to it.
The conquest of each objective, no matter of which priority, leads closer to victory. What is needed is patience and brain skills since League of Legends isn’t won by keyboards and mouses, but by the understanding and the tactics built by each team during the game. Conclusively, the objectives aren’t just there on a map. They are meant to be conquered and provide a victory or at least an advantage.